Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Best Furry Buddy!






Fourteen years ago the world welcomed the friendliest, furriest, fattest feline ever, and his name is Hakeem Wallace Ellis. Tomorrow is his birthday and while he's old now, and slow and sleepy most of the time, he's still the furry love of my life and makes me laugh all of the time. He's with me every moment that I'm home, and I think about him constantly when I'm not. I'm very lucky that he came into my life so many years ago, despite all of the fur on the couch, the occasional pile of puke, and the never ending job of cleaning his litter box. He's worth every tape roller I've purchased, every ounce of prescription cat food I've bought, and I don't even care that he's the world's worst mouser. He's an amazing kitty, and I wish him the happiest fourteenth birthday ever!

2 comments:

Trevil said...

Fabulous post! Hearts out to Hakeem for many, many, many more fabulous years of birthdays to come....you are both very lucky!!
Happy Day Hakeem!

Jude and Gord said...

Deb, this is a lovely tribute to a sweet feline for his birthday. Hakeem is indeed a fine and well loved kitty who is getting better with age.