Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mesmerized






















Almost everyone who visits the Minnesota State Fair stops in at the Swine Barn, either to pick up paper pig ears for their children at the Oink Booth or, more importantly, to check out the state's largest boar. The giant pig never fails to delight, always laying there in his sawdust, grunting and snoring for everyone's amusement. This year the big guy was more monstrous than ever at over 1300 pounds and sporting a chic black and pink pelt. Deano, this year's winning pig, had a huge head, gigantic feet, a longer than average tail, and two more things that grow to ginormous proportions on a freakishly large male pig, if you know what I'm saying. My mom apparently knows what I'm saying, as here she's snapped looking transfixed by them during her visit this year. Looks like Jude knows what she likes when she sees it.

1 comment:

Cousin Jo said...

I said you were bad, didn't I??? Poor innocent Jude, sneaking a little look-see, and there you were lurking with the camera! I must say, I would have enjoyed a look myself.