Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Weighty Subject

My boy Hakeem doesn't like going to the vet for myriad reasons, not the least of which is his reluctance to get on the scale. Even in his sickness last night he cowered in his beloved basket, keeping his distance from the hated beast that spits out with brutal honesty his size defined as a stupid number. I think we can all relate.

He appears to be feeling better today, but still somewhat low energy and lacking appetite. I shall be plying him with a variety of canned meat products purchased today at PetSmart, in order to find that magic that will seduce him. If those don't entice, it's going to be real meat. Anything to keep him from going back to that horrible place with the evil scale. (As always, click on photo for a close-up shot).

3 comments:

Parker said...

I hope that you find something he wants. Here's to Hakeem feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Hakeem. I have been sick lately too so I know how you feel. My mom has had to take me to the vet twice since Saturday. I'm starting to feel better now though. I hope you find something you are able to eat...tell your mom you want tuna...that's my favorite!

Talk to you soon, love always,
Rocky

GLOGIRLY said...

I LOVE this photo!!! Reminds me of the scale at the gym. Except there's no laundry basket to hide in.

And Hakeem looks like he's feeling much better!