Monday, October 12, 2009

October Snow

If you've been giving serious thought to uprooting the family from your sunny southern California digs for the family-friendly, Minnesota-nice plains of the Twin Cities, you might want to consider that we're in the middle of receiving two to three inches of snow today. It's early October. It's snowing. I'm suicidal.

While I can't deny that it's beautiful outside with a clean white layer of snow everywhere, my snow crab trees didn't even get a chance to shed their leaves and dry their berries before the snow settled on their tender branches. Sigh.

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

I thought the same thing as I looked at my crab apple tree this morning, full of big red, plump berries and bright green leaves. The snow is horribly out of place!!

GLOGIRLY said...

It's wrong. All wrong. Even Katie is beside herself.