Monday, December 14, 2009

The Aerogarden Saga Begins

Come along for the ride as we follow the progress of my new Aerogarden 3, a particularly awesome gift from my brother and family! In just weeks, if everything goes as planned, I will be enjoying fresh hydroponic basil, thyme and chives infused with my morning eggs. I don't really have a green thumb, currently there is not a living plant in my house and there is good reason for that. But with a grow light that stays on for 17 hours per day, perhaps this Aerogarden stands a ghost of a chance.

Tonight I set up the little operation, added water and the "seed pods," plus a nutrient pill into the water. That was it, really. Oh, I guess I put those little plastic domes on each seed pod as well. But that was really it. Every two weeks I add water when it prompts me, as well as a new nutrient pill. Should be pretty cut and dried (herb pun intended), no?

Stay tuned for periodic updates!

2 comments:

GLOGIRLY said...

Fresh herbs are great, but I love this for it's cool design! It's got that mid-century modern spaceship thing going on and I love it!!!

Thanks for your sweet comment on Katie's blog. I told her she had better be careful insinuating that anyone as fluffy and loving as your Hakeem may have a slight weight problem. But she said that with the NE (that's the National Enquirer you know) anything goes. The more sensational the better. Frankly I think she's become pretty good at making sh!t up.

Luxo-D said...

That looks like POT growin' in those little domes!

Herbs my arse!