Friday, July 16, 2010

Special Delivery

Both of my admin work peeps, who help make each day at the office a fun place to be, were on vacation today, leaving me alone and busy! I wasn't busy necessarily because they were gone, but because large projects were due all at once. Since they were gone and I was crazy, lunch should have been tough to deal with. But because of my sweet honey Doug, it was the easiest thing ever. He prepared and sent over a gourmet lunch for me, packed in ice so it would be cold and delicious upon arrival.

In the bag he sent a traditional Hawaiian poke with the freshest raw ahi tuna, Hawaiian seaweed that looks like cute little trees or cartoonish frog feet and adds a wonderful crunch, white onion, Tapatio hot sauce, sesame oil, Hawaiian red salt, and some garlic. It was divine and my coworkers loved it, too. Doug also made a wonderful salad dressing and sent over some fresh crab meat and salad greens. Who's the luckiest gal in the world? Yup, that's me.

1 comment:

Mausi said...

Definitely, you are a lucky girl to have such a delicious gourmet lunch delivery. It sounds like a perfect lunch for a hot summer day!
By the way, I am happy to hear that you liked "Okonomiyaki" It is pretty authentic japanese snack and I was surprised that you find it in your local restaurant. If you know any Japanese grocery store, get Okonomiyaki mix and it will be quite easy to make it at home!