Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer in the City




I've discussed my love for Sea Salt Eatery before, this is nothing new. But it can't be understated just how wonderful a summer evening in Minneapolis can be when you have fried squid, beer, music, friends and family, and a waterfall. This week Doug and I enjoyed some of the best calamari around, a Mexican seafood cocktail that was just okay, and a delicious crawfish po' boy with spicy mayo, along with a few cold ones, and then settled in the grass to listen to my coworker's band perform at the Minnehaha Falls pavilion. As the water audibly rushed over the rocky wall nearby, the Melvilles sang and kids licked ice cream cones and danced around soap bubbles floating listlessly about the crowd. It's no wonder Minnesotans go so crazy for summer – it's really short, but intensely beautiful.

4 comments:

BlogSloth said...

Can we get more nacho pics?

Shirliana said...

Mmmmmm.... now I'm hungry!

gorriĆ³n said...

mmmmm... where did you get that? I need to get up to the cities sometime this summer and get me some good eats/good times!

steve m-b said...

The Melvilles thank you for the plug. Maybe we'll see you at the Lake Harriet Pavilion in August.