Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Allow Me To Explain My QVC Problem

Say what you will about dorks who sit home mindlessly watching QVC and ordering silly items they don't need, but I'm one of them. In my defense, I don't spend hours in front of the boob tube, glued to QVC, drooling over the talking heads hawking Diamonique fake jewels or Joan Rivers selling bedazzled bumblebee broaches, I only tune in for the cooking shows. That still doesn't make me cool in anyone's book, but I'm just trying to say I'm not a total QVC goof. I'm just a partial QVC goof.
 
There is nothing goofy, however, about the pineapple slicer I ordered recently and tried out at work for the first time today. I was tired of paying too much for pre-cut pineapple and I've never particularly enjoyed dissecting the fruit myself. As you can clearly see, this kitchen gadget kicks ass. It pulls out the good, sweet yellow part and leaves the core behind. You may quibble about the fact that it leaves a bit of fruit flesh around the edges, but I would challenge you that you probably cut off more of the spiny peel than you think you do when cutting it up with a knife. Plus, with this pineapple slicer, you end up with an intact pineapple shell to use as a vase for flowers, or perhaps to hold cut-up fruit, or sliced in half lengthwise and heaped full of warm pineapple fried rice. Or perhaps you could fill it straight up with a delicious pina colada and several straws to share amongst friends. I actually don't see myself doing that, but you could. And all for the low, low price of $14 and some odd change. All hail the pineapple slicer! I heart QVC.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I want one of these for my birthday. Jude

Anonymous said...

Deb!! I have one too and love it.

Tim and I love to watch the Wolfgang segment on QVC, we recently were suckered into buying the Rice Cooker and food processor!

The Bormann Family said...

i have one too, they are great.