Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dogtown at the Peacock

I know, I know, I've been absent. Call me too busy for my own good. Call me creatively blocked. Just don't call me late for happy hour at the Peacock Lounge in Northeast Minneapolis because they have Lagunitas New Dogtown Pale Ale on the menu for a measly $2 a bottle. I thought the only thing that came out of Petaluma, California was the star of Heathers, Reality Bites, and an unfortunately timed security camera at Saks Fifth Avenue, Winona Ryder. But the Lagunitas Brewery has proven me wrong and given the world a refreshing malt beverage worth noticing. This pale ale is warm (but not in the European warm way) and rich (but not in the Oprah rich way) and satisfying (kind of in a George-Clooney-and-me-on-Lake-Como-in-Italy satisfying way) and all for $2 till 7pm on weeknights. At least there's one bright spot in this lousy economy, and it's down at the Peacock. Go and get yourself some.

No comments: