Monday, May 11, 2009

The Riches of Citrus

Key limes are gorgeous. These golf ball-sized yellowy green spheres would make a beautiful necklace for someone who is a bigger fashion risk-taker than me. Which, let's face it, could be just about anyone. The fresh scent of a lime would make a lovely, romantic perfume that would draw suitors from the world over, for someone who knows how to create exotic perfumes, at least.

I prefer to just cut my limes into tiny little wedges and throw them into beer or my beloved Palomas, or to squeeze the milky pale green juice and bake it into a delicate coconut cake. This won't land me on the cover of Vogue anytime soon or attract a million dollar check from the house of Estee Lauder, but my simple relationship with key limes suits me just fine.

No comments: