Thursday, August 13, 2009

That Machine That Talks to Him

Today is my delightful dad's birthday. I'll leave you in suspense as to the number of candles that would be on the cake that he didn't get today, but let's just say it's more than thirty and less than a hundred. A friend and I visited my parents tonight so I could drop off my dad's birthday gift from my mom (which I had picked up on her behalf so that my dad wouldn't discover it in their house) – a really cool combination altimeter, barometer, compass and other only vaguely useful toys – something he had been hoping and praying for. I gave him grief that he probably doesn't need an altimeter in the flat state of Minnesota, but my mom interjected on his behalf that he likes these sorts of gadgets and that it will be a nice accompaniment to "that machine that talks to him." My dad quickly clarified that she was referring to his beloved GPS.

Here's a recent photo of the birthday boy using that machine that talks to him to find our way to The Wienery, a place my dad has been to many times, a mere two miles from my home. I told you he likes his toys.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD! I LOVE YOU!!

3 comments:

GLOGIRLY said...

Happy B-Day Deb's Dad!
One question...does he talk back to the machine that talks to him?

Trevil said...

Happy Birthday Gordo!! Boys and their toys....

Anonymous said...

You never know when someone may just up and ask; What coordinates are we now? Without a gps, what what you answer? I also like to know what altitude I am at any given moment. It was a great birthday.

Gordo