Thursday, January 14, 2010

Flip-It!

Apparently I live quite a sheltered life because last weekend at one of the two meat raffles I attended (wait, I guess I don't live a sheltered life!), I learned to play a dice game I've never heard of. Do you know about Flip-It? I tried to google it, but really didn't find anything in five seconds so I gave up (what can I say? I'm of the MTV generation). Essentially it's a hexagon with the numbers 1 through 10 on tiles each of up to six players can flip over. Without going into all of the details, it's a very simple, fast moving game of strategy. It moves along at a good clip and is much improved if one is drinking alcoholic beverages as they play. Here we are in this photo playing the game Friday night, drinking our cocktails, just as recommended.

3 comments:

Sweet D said...

I believe it is similar to SHUT THE BOX, but a multiple player board. I am assumign that you roll the dice and try to flip your numbers with the least amount of rolls?

I own Shut the box, Faith calls it something different but google SHUT the Box and see if it is the same thing.

GLOGIRLY said...

I like the built in cup holders.
Those Flip It designers... they think of it all.

Trevil said...

Aaron really needs to make one of these for the next party...we always need 'new' gambling games. Fun and winner on the first try! $$$