Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fried Prosciutto Will Save the World

Recently invited to attend a four course dinner cooking class at Kitchen Window where we prepared everything from beef Wellington to cashew brittle, I found something that makes me swoon in a way that usually only Hook & Ladder Pinot Noir and Seth Rogen can. That thing is fried prosciutto. Notice the reddish blob on top of the salad that looks like a sun-dried tomato. That is actually an achingly thin slice of Italian bacon, called prosciutto, that has been dropped into a deep fryer for just seconds until it becomes a crisp, salty beacon of hope for all that is good and positive in this world. I will not have it again any time soon because I have a strict no deep frying policy in my home (which is, sadly, not because of the health aspect but rather because of the odor), but I can still dream about it.

1 comment:

GLOGIRLY said...

YUM!!! I'm certain the only thing better than prosciutto is fried proscuitto! ; )