Friday, February 20, 2009

The Ballad of Frida and Etta



A warm welcome goes out to the newest members of the ILoveNachosTooMuch.com feline family, Frida (Kahlo) and Etta (James). Frida and Etta are year and a half old sisters adopted from a Twin Cities no-kill shelter by my parents this week and are now happily snuggled together in their Northeast Minneapolis stucco abode. The kitties are sweet girls, warm and curious and not at all aloof. Frida has giant golden eyes and a white patch on her chest, while Etta's eyes are small and crossed, like a Siamese. I think it's fair to say that they will be quite spoiled as my parents, having realized the error of their ways in over-disciplining my brother and I in our youths, are now the most lenient of people, probably going too far in the other direction. Frida and Etta have no idea how good they're going to have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my second attempt to leave a comment on your fine introduction of our feline friends. I hope this one takes.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! On the new family additions! Hey didn't I say they should name em Frida and Fanny? Do I get credit for naming one?