Monday, June 15, 2009

Another Weekend, Another 150 Miles

The MS150 just keeps showing up in my life about this time every June and I just keep going back, and I don't even know why. I mean, there's the opportunity to be part of a group of people raising millions of dollars each year to fight this insidious disease. Yes, there's the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends among the 3200 riders annually. Okay, there's the chance to spend the weekend with old pals and laugh your ass off the whole time. Then there's the fun when drinking beer and sharing vulgar jokes with like-minded people. Of course, there's the good time you have running into old friends from high school and catching up. And, certainly, there's the good you do for your body by biking 150 miles, all the way from Duluth to the Twin Cities over the course of two days. But otherwise, I cannot think of a single reason I keep torturing myself like this every year.

2 comments:

cousin jo said...

What ever happened to kick stands?

Great job, Deb. I love living vicariously through you!

GLOGIRLY said...

And here I was all proud of myself for getting glo to put air in my bike tires for the first time in 2 years ; )

Your blog has inspired me to start my own collection of musings. thanks Deb!