Monday, June 8, 2009

Don't Mess With the Big Guy

Ninety-nine percent of the time my chubby kitty is a true pussycat, sweet as a marshmallow and oozing love to our visitors like his fur to my couch. But when he doesn't feel it's time to come back into the house on a warm, sunny day, don't even try. Hakeem will give you the evil eye and lay down like dead weight on the sidewalk. I just poke him in the wide, furry belly with a stick, encouraging him to go inside, while the neighbors look on curiously. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! He looks ready to pounce! Apparently Larry will not play nice with other Kitty Cats. Grandma Penny brought Alley over to play with Larry and Larry attacked!And fur was flying! Good think Hakeem and Larry live in different neighborhoods.

In The Pink said...

I rescued a stray kitten that crawled into my car one night at a drive in in Johannesburg. We took her home and she has always been psycho for food. A side-effect of her starved childhood. She weighs 11kgs. Sometimes I forget and try to pick her up for a cuddle. WOW. I always hurt myself. I tried to call her Tripsy True (don't ask), but her name became Belly.

Shame.