Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gepetto Comes to Life

Last Friday I celebrated Halloween at the office by magically transforming into an exact replica of my coworker, Gerry Leone. Ok, not an exact replica, unless, as a friend pointed out, Gerry is sporting a pretty bodacious set of moobs. But I was a reasonable facsimile.

The best part about putting together the Gerry Leone look is that I purchased a wig and mustache set that was meant to be for someone dressing up as Gepetto, the creator of Pinocchio. But, I found out with glee, you can fake a pretty good Gerry Leone by way of Gepetto. I had to alter the mustache and add a little hairy soul patch under my lower lip, but it all came together pretty easily. Add a work t-shirt, a Hawaiian shirt on top of that, some jeans and a pair of running shoes, and I was almost Gerry Leone. I took it to the limit by adding some cheater eyeglasses and a train whistle sound effect on my cell phone that went off periodically. That's when I became him, if he was sort of feminine. Which he is. Just kidding.

Some of our coworkers who sit near Gerry so know his routine directed me on how to look just like him for this photo. They told me to sit in his office, next to a box of his favorite SnackWell cookies, put my feet up and kick back. Because that's how Gerry Leone rolls.

2 comments:

GLOGIRLY said...

VERY funny, Deb!
I sure hope no one (you included) ever tries to do the same with glo. That would be scary and wrong and oh so hard to get over. For me that is.

I hope Gerry didn't react to your costume in the same fashion as Katie reacted to my impersonation of her. (If I was a wacky cat person gone over the edge, I'd be saying imcatonation... just can't go there)

Great costume, Gepetto.

Anonymous said...

That is indeed how I roll.

And she did such a good job, I'm not showing up to work for another few months... as long as she comes in in costume. And if someone asks where all the work is that I'm supposed to be churning out, I'll have Deb simply say, "I'm working on it right now! Cindy said she could buy me another day."

That is indeed how I roll...