Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Waiting for Guittard

Sorry I've been absent for so long, but I've been consumed for the last week by thoughts of the new mochas being served up at Caribou Coffee. The new mochas are made with your choice of white, milk, or dark Guittard chocolate, steamed and left all melty at the bottom of your cup of sweet nectar. Most coffee shops use powdered chocolate or syrup, so this is a fairly major departure in the coffee world.

I am not a coffee drinker, unless it's fattened up nicely with chocolate and sugar and I didn't sleep particularly well the night before. I don't indulge in them often, but I really enjoy them when I do. And the place I usually enjoy them is Starbucks, so this development from Caribou is really out of left field for me.

The biggest problem, of course, is that I am in the waning days of my Month Without Sugar experiment. I'm just taking a month, along with some coworkers, to avoid candy, desserts, and other sweets such as fetching, chocolate-y mochas. So all I can do until next Wednesday is daydream about a Guittard mocha, and daydream I will. Again, I apologize that it's been so long since I've posted. But now I think you can totally understand why. It's the mocha.

5 comments:

Prima said...

Trust me, it will be well worth the wait...mmmmm....mocha....

Trevil said...

I thought maybe you were on another Tarzan quest.....good luck finishing your month sans sucre!

GLOGIRLY said...

Ahhh, sugar. Sugar and I go way back. We were very close. But the relationship just wasn't healthy and I had to break up with him. Parting was such sweet sorrow.

SquirrelGirl said...

Wow...I don't like coffee at all and I think you have me sold on trying one...after this whole stupid sugar (and caffeine) thing is done of course...

gordo said...

You got me. I tried to drive past hte Caribou by the University, but I couldn't. I succumbed to your delicious description of a chocolate-y mocha. I am weak, but the stop was totally worth it..