Saturday, January 17, 2009

Anticipation


















Today I did something completely out of character. I worked out. Twice. I know, it's hard to believe because you know me and I am incredibly lazy. Even harder to believe? I didn't hate it. I did an hour long strength training class that tested my physical mettle to an extent that I hadn't attempted in, perhaps, years. We used hand weights and weight bars and exercise balls and giant, colorful rubber bands and little glide pads for under our feet to mimic skating moves on the wood floor. After that I did forty-five minutes on the treadmill. Unprecedented. 

Afterwards I was exhausted and slept for hours and while I don't yet feel any physical pain, I feel mental and emotional pain in anticipation of the physical pain I will be experiencing for the next couple of days. What was I thinking?

No comments: