Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Comeback

Today my office job isn't so bad. Really, my office job is never that bad, I'm fortunate. But nonetheless, like anyone else, from time to time I bemoan the choices I've made in my life and where those choices have taken me. Then along comes a movie like The Wrestler and reminds me that my course is not so terrible, that entering data under fluorescent lights isn't the worst thing that will ever happen to me. At least I'm not a professional wrestler, I've never had to bleed for a living, never had to consume steroids for work. And I've certainly never yearned for a comeback. Can't imagine I'll ever yearn for an office comeback. That would be weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you body slam out of line employees? I'm thinking anyone who messes with me at my old but new job is going to get a Full Nelson or Claw to the face!