Thursday, January 8, 2009

What I'm Grateful For Today

Every day I need to tell myself something I am grateful for, it's the only way I am able to remember that there is good in the world, that all the news isn't bad. While I am not thankful that I shredded my index fingertip in a rasp tonight while grating ginger for my dinner, I can still appreciate the good things that happened. Today's good thing, besides the nice cashier at Trader Joe's, was the seasonal reappearance of my beloved Necco brand Sweethearts Conversation Hearts. In January they are fresh and soft, not yet hardened by a life spent withering on the sterile metal shelves of your local Walgreen's. They are entertaining with their short messages pressed in edible pink ink on their chalky surfaces. And they are delicious, sugary sweet and void of anything healthy. In short, they are perfect.

No comments: