Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's 110 Degrees Warmer in L.A. Than Here

Two good friends of mine have spent the last couple of days planning their rendezvous together in sunny, warm southern California this weekend. They copied me on the emails because we are all friends and I like to pretend to be supportive and happy for them as they write about having dinner at Crustacean and renting Porsches and drinking wine in Santa Barbara and being all warm and stuff. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and added my two cents to the ongoing email. I proceeded to brag about my upcoming weekend which will probably be spent thawing out from the barbarous conditions we are experiencing here. I also sent them this photo my coworker, Gerry, took this morning while driving into work. It clearly shows his vehicle's temperature gauge demonstrating the unbelievably wrong temperature we are enduring here. I'll bet my friends won't have any fun in California now that they know what I'm going through.

No comments: