Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Problem with Owen Wilson

Yup, just as I suspected, all limbs and muscles "be painin' me today," as my late, great Ghanaian Uncle Kwame used to say. So why did I go see Marley & Me this morning, which only led to my emotional heart also hurting? I don't know, I wasn't thinking straight because of my aches, I guess. Marley & Me is not a great movie, it's not even a really good movie, but it's cute and has yellow puppies and Jennifer Aniston is pretty and Owen Wilson is not, but it has super funny Alan Arkin so that offsets the problem with looking at Owen Wilson and his misshapen beak. However, it does not offset the heavy-handed emotional manipulation this movie engages in. But any time a book or movie is about a dog, you know what's going to happen, it happens to all animals except for my beloved feline Hakeem Wallace. He is going to live forever. I read Sounder and Where the Red Fern Grows when I was a kid, I knew where this was going to go. I just didn't know I'd fall for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo ya big cry baby! I will see this movie but might have to netflix it to watch in the privacy of my home. I don't need witnesses to my blubbering. Along with Hakeem, Larry will also live forever!

The Immortal said...

Are you saying this dog takes a dump in the neighbors yard or eats a cat or humps the Jennifer Aniston!!??...cause if it's the latter then I'm gettin a ticket!
God, I knew the Obama administration was gonna make this country go belly ass liberal but I never knew beastiality liberal!
It's about time.
FOUR MORE YEARS, FOUR MORE YEARS!