Friday, January 16, 2009

The Beauty of Grapes

I'm on my way to a wine and cheese party tonight so I left work early and got to work whipping up one of my signature appetizers, grape and blue cheese truffles. Once people see them they are quite curious, mostly because they think I've brought a plate of fresh sushi. When I explain it's actually an intoxicating combination of grapes, blue cheese, cream cheese, and ground pistachios, they are understandably intrigued. First the crunchy texture from the nutty pistachio hits your tongue, followed quickly by the salty tang of the blue cheese, and finally the moist, sweet pop of the grape. I cut them in half for display because the cut side of a grape is absolutely gorgeous, like a tiny work of art. These little bites of heaven are the perfect accompaniment to a glass of wine on a bitterly cold winter's night. Don't worry, I'm not going to start complaining about the weather again. I've got wine, so I'm happy.

No comments: